- SISSY 2019 - Workshop on Self-Improving System Integration
This workshop is dedicated to the memory of our dear colleague and co-chair, Professor Rolf Würtz.
9:00 - 9:30 Welcome, Overview of Workshop Structure, and Introduction
9:30 - 10:30 Self-coordination from Low Level to High
- Overview of Workshop: Co-chairs Kirstie Bellman, Ada Diaconescu, Sven Tomforde.
- Kirstie L. Bellman, Christian Gruhl, Chris Landauer and Sven Tomforde.
Self-improving System Integration - On a Definition and Characteristics of the Challenge
10:00 - 11:00 Coffee BREAK (adjacent to workshops)
11:00 - 12:00 Knowledge and Explanation in Self-* Systems
- Roberto Rodrigues Filho, Alexander Wild and Barry Porter.
Code Synthesis in Self-improving Software Systems
- Veronika Lesch, Christian Krupitzer and Sven Tomforde.
Emerging Self-Integration through Coordination of Autonomous Adaptive Systems
- Christopher Landauer.
Degrees of Intimacy in SiSSy Systems: How to Join a Team
12:00 - 12:30 Learning in Self* Systems
- Antonio García-Domínguez, Nelly Bencomo, Juan Marcelo Parra-Ullauri
and Luis Hernán García-Paucar.
Towards History-Aware Self-Adaptation with Explanation Capabilities
- Kirstie L. Bellman.
Strategies for Helping SISSY Systems Deal with Knowledge Gaps and Unknowns
- Discussion on Self-knowledge
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch BREAK (Restaurant Hjortron)
14:00 - 15:30 Panel on SISSY Systems Testbeds
Rose Gamble, Hartmut Schmeck, Phyllis Nelson, Christopher Stewart, Ada Diaconescu
- Chloe M Barnes, Lukas Esterle and John Na Brown.
When you Believe in Things that You Don't Understand:
the Effect of Cross-generational Habits on Self-improving System Integration
- Anthony Stein and Sven Tomforde.
Transfer Learning is a Crucial Capability of Intelligent Systems Self-Integrating at Runtime
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee BREAK (adjacent to workshops)
16:00 -17:30 Discussion on Creating a SISSY Integration Testbed
- Charles Walter and Rose Gamble.
Crossing the Adaptation Boundaries of Distinct Testbeds
- Birger Becker, Sebastian Kochanneck and Hartmut Schmeck.
Testbeds for Component Integration in Energy Systems
- Phyllis Nelson.
CARS: a Wrappings-based Test Bed for Self* Cyber-physical Systems and Their Integration
- Philippe Lalanda and Ada Diaconescu.
Integration of pervasive platforms with iCASA
- Christopher Stewart.
A Testbed for Multiple UAV Integration.
20:00 Welcome Reception
- Chloe M. Barnes, Kirstie L. Bellman, Jean Botev, Ada Diaconescu,
Lukas Esterle, Christian Gruhl, Christopher Landauer, Peter R. Lewis,
Phyllis R. Nelson, Anthony Stein, Christopher Stewart and Sven Tomforde.
CHARIOT - Towards a Continuous High-level Adaptive Runtime Integration Testbed
- All: Discussion
- Announcement of Special Issue Opportunity